If You Come In Contact With Coronavirus Patient, Follow These 11 Steps Immediately.
As the new coronavirus spreads across the globe, the chances that you will be exposed and get sick continue to increase. If you’ve been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or begin to experience symptoms of the disease.
How do you know if you have come in contact with coronavirus patient?
1. If you are living under the same roof with someone who has been tested positive of the virus.
2. If knowingly or unknowningly at a point in time you have been involved in taking care of a sickler whose medical condition is related to that of coronavirus patient.
3. If you stay with the remains of a deceased person for at least 10 minutes.
4. If you come in contact with a droplet from a sickler’s – through cough or sneeze.
5. If you accidentally touch someone who is sick with your hand and you touch your eyes, nose or mouth with that same hand.
If any of the above happens to you, don’t panick, just follow these 11 steps
1. Do what is called self isolation, that’s you will distance yourself from other members of the family and friends for a specify number of days.
2. Even if you don’t have the symptoms you still need to self isolate yourself because the symptoms may not show up at the early stage.
3. If you do not have symptoms but have been exposed to an infected person, self-quarantine for 14days.
4. For those who have been confirmed with the disease, self-isolate for 14days even after symptoms have disappeared as a precautionary measure.
4. You should monitor your health for fever, cough and shortness of breath during the 14 days after the last day
5. Don’t go to work, school or market till you have be proven otherwise.
6. You should avoid public places for 14 days
7. If you think you might have COVID-19, contact the government’s emergency number or go to the government-approved testing station in your area to get tested
8. When you attend the health facility wear a mask.
9. If possible, keep at least 1 metre distant from other people
10. Do not touch surfaces with your hands.
11. If you become ill, even with very mild symptoms you must self-isolate
If you still find any of these measures difficult then quickly call your doctor or call any of the numbers given by Nigeria centre for disease control (NCDC).
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
Some people infected with the virus have no symptoms. When the virus does cause symptoms, common ones include:
2. body ache
3. Dry cough
6. Sore throat
7. Loss of appetite
8. Loss of smell.
In some people, COVID-19 causes more severe symptoms like high fever, severe cough, and shortness of breath, which often indicates pneumonia.