Nigerian entrepreneur, Obinwanne Okeke also known as Invictus Okeke,is facing a 20 year jail term in the United States after pleading guilty to an $11 million business email compromise scam.
His sentence is due on October 22 by Magistrate Judge Robert J. Krask of the District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
Okeke,according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office Eastern District of Virginia, “ pleaded guilty to a computer based intrusion fraud scheme that caused $11 million in losses to his victims.”
The Nigerian, who was once listed by Forbes as one of the 100 Most Influential Young Africans,conspired with some other people and “ engaged in a conspiracy from approximately 2015 to 2019 to conduct various computer based frauds.”
The conspirators, court documents showed, “obtained and compiled the credentials of hundreds of victims, including victims in the Eastern District of Virginia and elsewhere.”
They “engaged in an email compromise scheme targeting Unatrac Holding Limited, the export sales office for Caterpillar heavy industrial and farm equipment. In April 2018, a Unatrac executive fell prey to a phishing email that allowed conspirators to capture login credentials.
“The conspirators sent fraudulent wire transfer requests and attached fake invoices. Okeke participated in the effort to victimize Unatrac through fraudulent wire transfers totaling nearly $11 million, which funds were transferred overseas.”
The U.S. Attorney’s Office added: “Okeke pleaded guilty to a conspiracy to commit wire fraud. Okeke faces a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison when sentenced on October 22. Actual sentences for federal crimes are typically less than the maximum penalties. A federal district court judge will determine any sentence after taking into account the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines and other statutory factors.”
Okeke was arrested last year by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) at Dulles International Airport in the process of leaving the US.
“I Was Given This N500 To Disrupt The Protest” Boy Confesses (VIDEO)
A boy who was caught wielding a knife at the ongoing #Endsars protest has disclosed the reason for his action.
He was caught and interrogated, and upon interrogation, he disclosed that he was paid N500 to bring a knife to the protest ground.
In the video making the rounds on social media, the man was seen holding a knife and sitting on a chair as protesters asked him questions about who sent him, and why he brought the knife.
He also revealed that he wasn’t the only one paid to bring weapon to the protest. He revealed that he has another partner who was paid N500 to do same work.
BREAKING: Hoodlums Set Orile Police Station Ablaze, Policemen Run For Stafety (VIDEO)
Videos reaching us now are of a burning police station set on fire by hoodlums in Orile Lagos State.
Is this the new trend?
EndSARS: Two Protesters Crushed To Death By Dangote Truck In Ekiti (Disturbing Video)
At least two people were yesterday evening crushed to death by a Dangote truck during EndSARS Protest in Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State.
The incident was said to have occured when a Dangote truck overran a barricade made by the protesters along Dallimore/Christ School, leaving two people dead, and one severely injured.
The gory accident was said to have sparked an outrage as the angry protesters resulted to damaging and burning three trucks belonging to the Nigerian business mogul into ashes.
An eyewitness who confided in AFAM News said two of the trucks were burnt around Similoluwa Area, while the third was also burnt opposite Uniform Building, around Mojere Market. He added that, another truck belonging to this same company was damaged along Dallimore Junction, Area of the State Capital.
According to him, Soldiers and Mobile Policemen have been deployed to the area to restore peace.
See video below
Entertainment9 months ago
See Photos From The Wedding Of Catholic Rev Sister Who Left The Convent To Marry Her Boo
News6 months ago
PHOTO: North Korea’s Leader, Kim Jong Un Dies After Heart Surgery, His Sister To Take Over
News6 months ago
BREAKING: Saudi Arabia Suspends Ramadan Prayers Globally, Tells Muslims What To Do
News7 months ago
BREAKING: Queen Elizabeth Tested Positive For Covid-19, Buckingham Palace Confirms
News2 days ago
Multichoice Breaks Silence, Reveals Why All Stations Are On For Viewers
Crime6 months ago
ABOMINATION!!! Youngest Alaafin’s Queen Chased Out Of Palace For Cheating With Fuji Musician, Wasiu Ayinde
News5 months ago
BREAKING: Buhari’s New Chief Of Staff, Gambari Resigns Appointment
News7 months ago
Fears!! One Dies On Bus, 32 Others Tested As A New ‘Hantavirus’ Breaks Out In China