The Nigerian Youth Investment Fund (N-YIF) was approved by the Federal Executive Council (FEC) on July 22, 2020.
It is dedicated at investing in the innovative ideas, skills, talents and enterprises of youths.
The programme handled by the Ministry of Youths and Sports is aimed at reaching 500,000 youths between 2020 and 2023
Here are facts about N-YIF:
- It is an initiative of the Federal Government meant to improve the youths. It is meant to improve the skills, talent and enterprises of youths.
- It is meant to cater for the investment needs of those 18-35.
- The Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning (MFBNP) and the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) will provide the financing to kick-start the Nigeria Youth Investment Fund (NYIF).
- Youths seeking to benefit from the N-YIF must have a means of identification, a registered business and guarantors.
- The fund aims to meet 500, 000 youths from 2020-2023. Each fund approval will range from N250, 000 to N50m with a spread across group applications, individual applications, working capital loan set as one year and term loan set at three years with single digit interest rate of 5%.Disbursement will be through various channels, including Micro Credit Organisations across the country under the Central Bank of Nigeria supported by BOI, Fintech Organisations and Venture Capital Organisations registered with the CBN.
- NYIF joins the slew of youth focused programs already in place by the Muhammadu Buhari led Federal Government as part of a National Plan to combat youth unemployment and drive innovation, fuel entrepreneurship as well as support youth SMEs.
- NYIF provides a single window of Investment Fund for the youth thereby creating a common bucket for all Nigerian youth to access Government support. Providing a less cumbersome access to credit and finance for the average Nigerian youth with an approved work plan or business idea will help lift thousands of the youth out of poverty and birth a whole generation of entrepreneurs.
- A minimum of N25 billion each year in the next 3 years, totaling N75billion will be required to ring fence the NYIF. For the remaining parts of 2020, N12.5 billion will be needed to kick start the NYIF. It is expected that successive governments will keep the fund alive.
- The Ministry of Youth and Sports Development handle the processes for setting up the fund by inaugurating a Board of Trustees Committee under the leadership of the Minister for Youth and Sports Development and possibly work on legislation of the Nigeria Youth Investment Fund (NYIF).
EndSARS: Drama As Protester Spotted Wearing DPO Uniform In Edo
This is the moment one of the protesters in Edo State was spotted wearing Divisional Police Officer’s Uniform to protest ground.
The picture was shared online this morning with the caption; “Osaro turn DPO” “Edo my State”.
However, many people have been asking questions as to where did the young protester get the Uniform from and who is actually the owner of the Police Uniform?
This is hilarious indeed!
ENDSARS Protest At CNN Center, Los Angeles, United States (VIDEO)
EndSARS: Hoodlums Break Benin Prison Wall, Free Inmates (Watch Video)
- Suspected hoodlums around Kings Square in Benin City, the capital city of Edo State have broken the walls of the headquarters of the Nigeria Correctional Centre (Nigeria prisons in Benin).
The Hoodlums, after gaining entrance into the prison through the fence freed inmates in the prisons along Benin Sapele Road, near Nigeria Union of Journalists, NUJ office.
Entertainment9 months ago
See Photos From The Wedding Of Catholic Rev Sister Who Left The Convent To Marry Her Boo
News6 months ago
PHOTO: North Korea’s Leader, Kim Jong Un Dies After Heart Surgery, His Sister To Take Over
News6 months ago
BREAKING: Saudi Arabia Suspends Ramadan Prayers Globally, Tells Muslims What To Do
News7 months ago
BREAKING: Queen Elizabeth Tested Positive For Covid-19, Buckingham Palace Confirms
News2 days ago
Multichoice Breaks Silence, Reveals Why All Stations Are On For Viewers
Crime6 months ago
ABOMINATION!!! Youngest Alaafin’s Queen Chased Out Of Palace For Cheating With Fuji Musician, Wasiu Ayinde
News5 months ago
BREAKING: Buhari’s New Chief Of Staff, Gambari Resigns Appointment
News7 months ago
Fears!! One Dies On Bus, 32 Others Tested As A New ‘Hantavirus’ Breaks Out In China