Following the dissolution of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), a Unit of the Nigerian Police Force, Inspector General of Police Abubakar Adamu has rolled out five important things to know after the development.
See list below
- The Inspector General of Police has dissolved the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) across all the Thirty-Six (36) States Commands and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) with immediate effects.
- All officers and men serving in the Unit will be redeployed to other Police Commands, Formations and Units.
- A new policing arrangement for tackling the offences of Armed Robbery and other violent crimes will be unveiled to the public soon.
- A Citizens and Strategic Stakeholders Forum will be launched to provide an avenue for citizens to regularly interface and advise the police authority on issues too Ching on the general public.
- To deal with the reports of crimes committed against citizens. In investigative Team will be constituted which will include Civil Society Organisations and culprits will be punished.