President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed Professor Ibrahim Dantani Wushishi as Registrar/Chief Executive of the National Examination Council (NECO).
The council had been run by an acting registrar since the death of Professor Godswill Okeke, the former Registrar.
Obioma died on June 1, 2021.
In a letter dated 16th July,2021 with reference No: FME/PSE/NECO/1078/C.1/36 and signed by the Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu, stated that the appointment which is for an initial tenure of five years, took effect on 12th of July,2021.
Here are some things to know about the new registrar:
- He was born on 5th April, 1965
- He hails from from Wushishi Local Government Area of Niger State
- He’s a Professor of Science Education
- He was a lecturer in the Faculty of Education, Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto, before he transfered his service to Federal University of Technology, Minna.
- He has held positions in the education sector, among which are Post Graduate Coordinator, Department of Science Education, Federal University of Technology, Minna; Sub-Dean School of Science and Science Education, FUT, Minna; Head of Department, Department of Science Education, FUT Minna; Head of Department, Department of Science Education, Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai.
- He is married and blessed with Children.